Dental Implants in Waxahachie, TX
Did you know, research shows that people with missing teeth don’t live as long as those with full smiles? Losing teeth can also make you feel embarrassed and self-conscious about your appearance. At Waxahachie Family Dentistry, we can replace any number of missing teeth and complete your smile with natural-looking, beautiful implants.
Unlike dentures, dental implants are affixed to your jawbone for a secure fit, so you won’t have to stress about them shifting around while you eat and speak. They’re the only restorative procedure that actually promotes bone growth so you won’t have to worry about bone loss with dental implants.
The Benefits of a Permanent Smile are Endless
Until recent years, we were only given one set of teeth. Now, with dental implants, you can have a second chance at a flawless smile. In addition to the numerous emotional benefits you’ll enjoy with a complete smile, there are several functional benefits of dental implants, such as:
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into the space of a missing tooth
- Improve chewing and speech
- Restore or enhance facial features caused by missing teeth
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
- Improve jawbone density and prevent further deterioration
The Process to a Perfect Smile with Dental Implants
Dental implants are considered a permanent tooth replacement option that can last a lifetime. To achieve these long-lasting results, surgery is required to affix the implants to the jawbone. While some people dread the thought of surgery, we proudly offer dental sedation to make sure you’re comfortable throughout the entire procedure.
The dental implant procedure can be completed in a few steps:
- Initial Consultation – During the initial consultation we’ll fully examine your oral health, including your jawbone density to determine that dental implants are the best option for you
- Surgery – During your surgery, dental implants will be affixed to your jawbone
- Healing process – Through a process called osseointegration, your jawbone will naturally fuse to the implant which increases its strength and durability
- Restoration Placement – After your mouth has healed, your permanent restoration will be placed. Your crown or denture will look just like your natural teeth
- Follow-up Appointment – You’ll schedule a follow-up appointment so we can ensure your healing is coming along and that there aren’t any areas of concern
It’s important to continue brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, and rinsing between meals to get the most out of your new smile. In addition to following a regular oral hygiene routine, you’ll want to schedule biannual appointments at our Waxahachie office where we can examine your oral health and dental implants to ensure they’re in excellent condition.
Revitalize Your Smile with Dental Implants
At Waxahachie Family Dentistry, we’re committed to helping our patients overcome tooth loss and enjoy a complete smile. If you’re interested in receiving dental implants, schedule a consultation by calling our office at (972) 885-3335 or fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the dental implant procedure painful?
The majority of patients report feeling discomfort, not pain. With the help of dental sedation and local anesthesia, you’ll be completely relaxed and won’t feel a thing. We’ll closely monitor you throughout the entire treatment to ensure you’re pain-free and comfortable.
Following the operation, you’ll experience some discomfort, but it can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen and a cold compress to help with swelling.
Are there any aftercare instructions following a dental implant surgery?
When the surgery is complete you’ll treat your dental implant just like your natural teeth. It doesn’t require any extra maintenance. It’s vital that you carry out your regular oral hygiene routine— brushing twice a day and flossing daily but be careful and avoid the surgical site.
Be sure to attend your follow-up appointment and schedule regular checkups and cleanings at our Waxahachie location for optimal results. In addition to following any recommendations by our dentists, you’ll want to follow a few simple steps following the surgery to ensure proper healing without complications. These include:
- Avoid hot foods
- Refrain from exercising
- Eat soft foods – chew away from the surgical site
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Avoid drinking through a straw
- Refrain from tobacco use
- Take over-the-counter pain medications as prescribed
- Use a cold compress to help with swelling and discomfort
How soon after a tooth extraction can I get a dental implant?
If enough jawbone is present, you can potentially get the dental implant the same day. However, we may want you to wait for 3 to 6 months after an extraction for a dental implant to be placed. This allows time for the area to fully heal.
You’ll want to get your dental implant within the recommended time frame. This will ensure that you don’t experience bone loss following the healing process. This may require an additional procedure prior to getting a dental implant.
Will insurance cover dental implants?
Dental implants are considered a cosmetic procedure with some restorative purposes as well so some providers cover up to half of the costs. You’ll want to check with your provider prior to your appointment for a better understanding of your specific coverage.
If you have any questions that we can answer, don’t hesitate to contact our office by calling (972) 885-3335 and we’ll be happy to assist you.