Dental Bridges in Waxahachie, TX
Restore Your Smile With A Dental Bridge
Losing a tooth can change several aspects of your lifestyle including affecting your self-esteem, oral health, eating, and speaking abilities. At Waxahachie Family Dentistry, we understand you want your lifestyle back. Dr. Clinton offers dental bridges as a restorative treatment solution. It’s important to restore lost teeth as soon as possible to protect your oral health and avoid further health issues.
Learn more about the dental bridge process and its benefits to see if they’re the right solution for you.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a customized restoration that’s designed to bridge the gap between one or more missing teeth. The healthy teeth on either side of the gap are responsible for anchoring the false tooth, called a pontic. Pontics are usually made from porcelain so they blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are four main types of dental bridges that we offer:
- Traditional dental bridge is the most popular solution. It consists of a fake tooth being held in place by custom crowns that have cemented to each of the neighboring teeth.
- Cantilever dental bridge is held in place by a dental crown that’s only cemented to one neighboring tooth.
- Maryland dental bridge uses a metal or porcelain framework that’s bonded to the back of the neighboring tooth to harness the fake tooth.
- Implant-supported dental bridge is common for more intensive cases, where an implant is surgically placed for every missing tooth. The implants then hold the dental bridge in position.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are many benefits to receiving dental bridges, including:
- Fills the space left by missing teeth
- Prevents teeth from shifting out of their proper place
- Restores eating and speaking abilities
- Maintains facial shape
The Dental Bridge Process
When you decide that a dental bridge is the right restorative solution for you, your treatment process can be completed in just two appointments at our Waxahachie office.
During your first visit, Dr. Clinton will prep the teeth surrounding the gap which will anchor the bridge in place. These teeth will be lightly buffed so that crowns can be placed over them for a comfortable fit. A detailed impression will be taken so that the crowns, pontic, and bridge can be customized in a lab. Dr. Clinton will create a temporary bridge for you to wear in the meantime.
Once your restoration arrives, you’ll come back for your second visit. Dr. Clinton will remove the temporary restoration and place the new bridge. He’ll make any adjustments necessary to ensure a perfect fit before it’s cemented into place. Once it’s secured, you’ll leave our office with a brand new smile.
Caring For Your Dental Bridge
Bridges can last up to 15 years with proper oral hygiene. Fortunately, it’s easy to maintain dental bridges. Dr. Clinton suggests you follow these instructions to ensure the longevity of your restoration:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Use fluoride toothpaste and antiseptic mouthwash
- Floss daily
- Avoid hard, sticky, crunchy, and hot foods
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Visit Dr. Clinton for biannual checkups and professional dental cleanings
Frequently Asked Question
What’s the difference between dental implants and dental bridges?
The dental bridge process is much faster than the implant process — it also doesn’t require surgery so recovery time is minimal. Bridges fill in the gap left by missing teeth and are held in place by anchoring teeth on either side of the gap.
Dental implants require surgery and several appointments to complete the process. The implants consist of titanium posts that replace your natural teeth’s roots and support a customized porcelain crown, with a small abutment connecting the pieces together.
How much does a dental bridge cost?
The cost of restorative care varies depending on your specific needs and the details of a procedure. Insurance will usually cover a portion of the expenses. We recommend talking to your insurance provider and finding out the details of your plan’s coverage.
For an accurate price, we recommend scheduling a consultation with Dr. Clinton by calling (972) 885-3335. At the consultation, we’ll examine your oral health, determine the best treatment plan, and provide you with a cost estimate. We also offer flexible financing options to help make any treatment fit your budget.
Achieve Your Smile Goals With Dr. Clinton
If you’re looking for a reliable solution for tooth loss, schedule a consultation at our Waxahachie office at (921) 885-3335. Our expert team is ready to provide restorative care that will have you sharing your beautiful smile in no time. You can also get in touch by filling out our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.