Dental Bonding in Waxahachie, TX
Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry at Waxahachie Family Dentistry
Small dental flaws can make a surprising dent in self-confidence. But thanks to modern dentistry, you don’t have to let minor imperfections hold your smile back any longer. Dental bonding offers an easy, affordable way to ditch dental insecurities for good.
With the artful placement of tooth-colored bonding material, our cosmetic dentist in Waxahachie, Dr. Scott Clinton, can conceal cracks, gaps, stains, and more — leaving you with a naturally gorgeous, attention-grabbing smile.
Call (972) 885-3335 to schedule your consultation at Waxahachie Family Dentistry!
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that uses tooth-colored resin material to improve the appearance of discolored, misshapen, chipped, or gapped teeth. The dental bonding process applies this putty-like resin material directly to the tooth’s surface, then sculpts, shapes, and hardens it with a special dental light. The resin bonds seamlessly to the natural tooth structure below.
Unlike dental veneers, which require removing some of the natural tooth structure, dental bonding is a more conservative approach. The resin material bonds to the front of the teeth with little to no tooth removal required. This makes dental bonding a versatile, affordable, low-risk way to enhance your smile.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Compared to other smile makeover options, dental bonding offers several appealing benefits:
- More affordable than veneers
- Little-to-no tooth structure removal
- An excellent option for minor repairs
- Corrects a wide variety of flaws
- Creates uniform, balanced smile
- Quick and comfortable process
- Natural-looking, beautiful results
Common flaws that can be resolved with dental bonding include:
- Small gaps between teeth
- Worn, fractured, or chipped teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Misshapen or uneven teeth
- Irregular tooth position
Candidates for Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is suitable for both teens and adults who want to enhance their smiles. Good candidates for dental bonding have cosmetic flaws affecting the front visible teeth but still have healthy underlying tooth structures.
Common reasons you may want to consider dental bonding at Waxahachie Family Dentistry include:
- Close small gaps between teeth
- Repair chipped or slightly fractured teeth
- Improve the shape, length, or color of discolored teeth
- Cover exposed tooth root surfaces
- Create a uniform smile line
The Dental Bonding Process at Waxahachie Family Dentistry
Getting dental bonding from Dr. Scott Clinton is a quick, comfortable process performed right at our Waxahachie, TX, dental office without painful tooth removal procedures.
- Consultation: It starts with an in-depth consultation to discuss your specific cosmetic goals, examine your teeth, and recommend an optimal bonding treatment plan.
- Preparation: Your teeth are lightly roughened to help the bonding material adhere.
- Bonding Application: The putty-like resin material is precisely shaped, bonded, and sculpted directly onto teeth to mask flaws or make minor position improvements.
- Curing: A special dental light quickly hardens and cures each tooth’s resin material.
- Finishing: For a smooth, seamless look, Dr. Clinton carefully shapes, contours, and polishes your bonding.
We even offer advanced bonding techniques like using clear brackets behind dental bonding to subtly improve tooth alignment. Schedule an appointment to see if these specialized techniques are right for fulfilling your smile goals.
Caring For Dental Bonding
With proper care, quality dental bonding can last five to 10 years or more before needing replacement. Be sure to follow these dental bonding care tips from Dr. Clinton:
- Brush normally twice a day
- Floss daily
- Come in every six months for dental cleanings and checkups
- Avoid chewing hard foods or ice
- Wear a mouthguard for contact sports
- See Dr. Clinton promptly if you notice any damage, fractures, or bonding loss so repairs can be made before additional complications develop.
By taking care of your bonded teeth and avoiding damage, you can achieve long-lasting, natural-looking bonding results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the dental bonding process take?
Dental bonding typically only takes 30 to 60 minutes to complete per tooth. Very little tooth preparation is involved. You can often have an entire process completed during a single office visit.
Does getting dental bonding hurt?
Patients typically report very little if any discomfort during the bonding process. Only mild tooth roughening is required and anesthesia is rarely needed. The bonding materials and dental lights we use will not cause discomfort or sensitivity.
Is dental bonding obvious?
With a skilled cosmetic dentist like Dr. Clinton, quality bonding blends smoothly and seamlessly with your natural tooth structure. It should not look obviously “fake”. The materials match your tooth color, shape, and texture for beautiful, imperceptible results.
Does insurance cover dental bonding procedures?
Dental insurance plans often provide some coverage for dental bonding, especially when considered medically necessary for a chipped or cracked tooth repair. Cosmetic bonding may not be covered. Check with your dental insurance provider to find out what percentage they cover for bonding.
Call Today for a Dental Bonding Consultation
If you live near Waxahachie, TX, and want to improve minor or moderate dental flaws, dental bonding with Dr. Scott Clinton offers an affordable way to achieve a naturally beautiful new smile. Contact Waxahachie Family Dentistry today at (972) 885-3335 to schedule your personalized dental bonding consultation.